Transport to Sixth Form
There are a number of council and private bus routes serving Dallam School. Financial assistance may be available towards travel costs if students are eligible for the 16-18 bursury – see below.
Please contact our Finance department on 015395 65168 who will be happy to advise you on travel to Dallam Sixth Form.
16-19 Bursary Fund
Dallam School receives funding from the Department for Education to provide financial support for young people, aged between 16 and 19, to stay in education. There are two types of bursaries:
- A vulnerable bursary
- A discretionary bursary
Read through the 16-19 bursary application document on this page for eligibility criteria.
The bursary can be used to help with costs students face to attend school during the academic year, which include the following:
- school meals purchased in the school canteen (unless you qualify for a free school meal)
- cost of transport to and from school
- books and educational resources
- cost of attending university interviews or open days
- help with educational trips and visits related to your course
- childcare costs for young parents in receipt of Care to Learn (where costs exceed the weekly maximum rates for that scheme)
All claims must be accompanied by a VAT receipt, not a sales voucher.
Bursary payments are also subject to conditions of good attendance (i.e. 97% +) and/or standards of behaviour, and a declaration that you have provided accurate and complete information.
The application process is very simple and totally confidential. The application form can be downloaded from this page. You should send your completed forms to the Finance Department at school in a sealed envelope with relevant proof of eligibility.
The school is required to return any unspent funds at the end of the academic year. Please contact the Finance Office on 015395 65168 for further assistance.
If you have any questions, please speak to anyone in our Finance Department.
Please click on the links below to download the relevant documents:
- 16-19 Bursary Statement and Application Form (25 Aug 2023) pdf
- Home to School Transport 2023/24 docx
Join the conversation
Please contact us if you have any questions: