On this page you will find a quick and useful list of contacts, links and information to answer those day-to-day school-related issues you need to deal with as a parent/carer.
Absence from school
Our school day begins at 8.50am – see timings of the school day. If your child is going to be absent from school you must report the reason to the pastoral co-ordinator for their house before 8:40am on the numbers below, or simply email email@example.com
- Heversham Owls (forms B, R, 9W): Mrs H Winters – 015395 65111
- Leasgill Wolves (forms G, L, 7W, 8W): Miss J Thompson – 015395 65109
- Milnthorpe Deer (forms D, K, 10W): Mr R Preston – 015395 65108
- Sixth Form: Mrs P Ray – 015395 65112
If your child is absent and we have not heard from you, we will text you as part of our safeguarding process. Absence during term time is not allowed unless the Headteacher has authorised it under exceptional circumstances – please use the Absence request form downloadable from this page.
We use the Parentmail system to communicate with parents by email and text message in urgent situations. It also allows parents/carers to make convenient and safe online payments to school for items such as their child’s lunch account and school trips. Log into your account here or download the app free from the Apple App Store or Google Play on your mobile devices. Parents/Carers will be set up with an account when their child joins the school.
We are proud of our school and the way we present ourselves is important. A smart uniform sends the message that we care about how others see us and that we are serious about coming to school to work, to do our best and to succeed.
- clip-on tie and school badge
- navy blue blazer
- pale blue shirt
- navy knee-length box pleat school skirt or navy, dark grey or black tailored trousers (not skin tight)
- black socks or tights – not sports or long socks
- a navy ‘v’ neck pullover can be purchased but is not essential (no cardigans)
- plain black polishable leather school shoes (no trainers, fashion or fabric shoes)
- a rucksack (handbags are not allowed) which will fit in your locker.
Jewellery and makeup
- one wristwatch
- one signet ring
- one pair of plain stud earrings in ear lobe (no nose studs or any other body piercing)
- no visible nail varnish or makeup
- no acrylic nails.
Mobile phones Mobile phones and iPods must not be used inappropriately in school (if they are, they will be confiscated and are to be collected by a parent).
Hairstyles Extreme hairstyles and more than one colour or unnatural hair colours/extensions will not be accepted for school neither will a very short haircut.
Dallam sports polo shirt
Dallam tracksuit/(hoodie/raincoat optional)
red games socks and white trainer socks
black/Navy leggings (no branding)
Dallam rugby shirt
navy cotton shorts (rugby style) and/or navy polyester shorts, and/or navy skort as appropriate to the activity
football boots (please note that blades are not allowed – rubber/metal studs only)
trainers, shin pads, gum shield (essential-rugby/hockey), protective headgear (recommended-rugby).
The Dallam Uniform Shop is available online for blazers and PE kit via this link. The pleated skirt can be bought from this website. Trousers, skirts, shirts, jumpers, coats and bags can be bought from other retailers as long as they comply with our uniform guide. Sixth Form students do not wear school uniform. Find out more about being a Dallam Sixth Former here.
You can apply to the school for financial support to help pay for school trips. Download the financial support application form. 16-19 year olds attending Dallam Sixth Form may be eligible to receive support through the 16-19 bursary fund. Find out more here.
Food at school and boarding
Our school canteen and boarding house offer a range of hot, cold, vegetarian and vegan meals and snacks all cooked on-site. Take a look at our delicious and varied spring specials menu.
Health, mental health and safeguarding resources
The Young Minds website has lots of useful advice for parents to help their child with specific issues including:
- dealing with exam stress
- Internet safety
- drug and alcohol abuse advice
- healthy eating and eating disorders
For other issues we would recommend:
- internet safety – www.internetmatters.org/advice/
- radicalisation concerns – www.internetmatters.org/issues/radicalisation/
- assessing dependence on devices and what to do about it – www.comparethemarket.com/broadband/content/screen-usage-guide/
If you have are worries about your child’s wellbeing in any way please contact our pastoral team so we can work together to help and support your child.
Please click on the links below to download the relevant documents:
- 16-19 bursary application (to view) pdf
- 16-19 bursary policy and application docx
- Absence request form docx
- Attendance policy pdf
- Essential school information Sept 2021-22 pdf
- Financial support application form (to view) pdf
- Financial support application form docx
- Rewards policy pdf
- Safeguarding and child protection policy pdf
- Spring menu specials with allergens pdf
- Timings of the school day pdf
Join the conversation
Please contact us if you have any questions: