We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In this statement, “we” means Dallam School including the Dallam Sixth Form and Dallam boarding.
This information below sets out how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us through “dallamschool.co.uk” (our site) will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), Dallam School is the data controller. Further details of the personal data the school holds, and how it is used, can be found under the policy section of the website.
This policy does not cover third-parties or their services and we do not take any responsibility for how third parties use any information they collect. You should look at the third-party’s own privacy policies.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and you cannot be identified as an individual.
We also use Google Analytics, a web analytics service. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate visitors’ use of our site.
Data security and where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with information, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to carry out our obligations arising from any business between you and us
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to develop lasting relationships with alumni.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share your information outside of the school.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If directed by you or subject to your consent
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract between us, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the school, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Site may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly via third-party platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn where they are linked to platforms where Dallam School has a presence.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and explain what we intend to do with it.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Please use our Subject access request form from the policy section of our website.
If you have any questions related to our privacy policies please contact our Data Protection Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the conversation
Please contact us if you have any questions: