Calling all Year 11s!!
Before you know it, you’re secondary education will be over. It may seem like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but then what? In England, you must do one of the following until you’re 18:
- stay in full-time education, for example at a Sixth Form or college
- start an apprenticeship or traineeship
- spend 20 hours or more a week working or volunteering, while in part-time education or training.
Some students know what they want to do and what they need to get there – great! Some may not be sure yet and it would therefore be helpful to keep their options open. If you’re wavering between the options, that’s OK. But before you make a decision that could affect the rest of your life, make sure you’ve got a real picture of all your options.
Dallam invites all students in Year 11 to the Dallam Sixth Form Taster Days. It’s open to students from everywhere, not just Dallam.
Day One – Monday 03 July
During our first taster day, you’ll get to:
- try out lessons to really see what they’re like
- meet the teachers who will be heading up the lessons
- try out tasks to help you understand what Sixth Form study is like.
Day Two – Thursday 06 July
On day two, we’ll be visiting Lancaster University. This exciting and informative day will allow students the opportunity to speak with undergraduate students and university admissions teams to find out first-hand how the university application process works. The day is not only for those wishing to attend university, but also to those thinking about apprenticeships or starting a career once they finish their Sixth Form studies.
Applications are still open for students wanting to start at Dallam Sixth Form in Sept 2023 – click here for more information on how to apply