7 great reasons why you should train with us:
- A high quality experience: Dallam Teaching Alliance and the University of Cumbria have an outstanding partnership. We have many years’ experience training and supporting new trainees into the teaching profession, offering an aspirational training programme with rigorous academic teaching and excellent school placements. All trainees will complete learning across two secondary key stages with placements at two schools.
- Convenient training in a beautiful rural location: Our Alliance schools are placed throughout South Cumbria so no matter where you live in the area you will not have too far to travel.
- Trainee Support: We offer comprehensive support throughout the course and pride ourselves on really getting to know our trainees. We achieve this through individual and group tutorials, subject seminars and lesson observations. We provide advice on how to write a letter of application and organise mock interviews to help you secure your first post.
- Allocating the most appropriate placement schools for trainees. We endeavour to place our trainees in the most appropriate placement schools where they can hone their skills and flourish as teachers. We have fantastic links and partnerships with a range of Primary, Secondary and FE establishments.
- Boarding facilities: if you are from further afield and would like to train with us we are able to offer boarding facilities at Dallam School.
- Outdoor education: Dallam school is a regional centre for outdoor education and an Operating Authority for the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
- International dimension: As well as being a local comprehensive, Dallam is home to boarders from across the globe including Europe, Nigeria, Hong Kong, Chile and the USA. This means that many different languages are spoken by our students and we are truly an international school.
As an international boarding school, Dallam gives you the additional experience of the boarding sector and allows you to live in whilst you’re doing your training – DTA trainee
Contact the Dallam Teaching Alliance by emailing email@example.com to have an informal chat to see how they can help you start your teaching career.
Join the conversation
Please contact us if you have any questions: