Our Which way now? event is an exciting new event for Dallam School to help inform both Year 10-13 students and parents about the variety of routes forward for students, both post-16 and post-18 and what they need to have to succeed in their chosen path.
Three reasons why you and your child should attend:
- Be clear on the range of options in further and higher education, apprenticeships and careers.
- Find out what else students need to demonstrate, other than qualifications, to get the places they are competing for.
- Make the best-informed decision for students’ Dallam Future!
Our Which way now? event will highlight:
• The range of employment and career development opportunities in Cumbria and the South Lakes.
• The range of educational opportunities in Cumbria and North Lancashire.
• The range of apprenticeship levels and opportunities available now – apprenticeships are now a very meaningful alternative to university.
• The vital employability skills employers, apprenticeship providers and universities need students to have and be able to demonstrate.
• How important transferable skills are in a modern world of multiple careers – employers, apprenticeship providers and universities need students to have and be able to demonstrate softer, transferable skills.
There will be a mix of presentations and one-to-one conversations with key players in the local employment and education sectors. The following organisations will be on hand to answer any, and all questions you may have:
• Gen2 – apprenticeship provider training
• Kendal College – insights on the local labour market needs and how the college can help with the post-18 challenge
• Lancaster & Morecambe College – alternatives to degrees including one-year courses and planned gap years
• NHS – range of NHS opportunities and the expanding need for health/social care need in the local area going forward
• Pelta Papers – the crucial part manufacturing plays in the UK & local economy
• Siemens – engineering and career development in South Lakes
• University of Cumbria – degree opportunities in Cumbria and how they can link to future careers
• Dallam Careers – choosing universities and degree courses in demand
The event is open to parents and students in Year 10, 11, 12 and 13 as it is within these years when important decisions are made about next steps in education and/or employment.
Light refreshments will be provided on the evening.
This is an exciting, new event for Dallam School and we would encourage as many to attend as possible. The insights gained from the conversations had and the presentations delivered by the organisations will set students up well as they move into the new academic year.
To help us plan for the evening, please could you indicate if you will be attending via this link.
We look forward to welcoming you on Tuesday.