Calling all Year 11s!!
Before you know it, you’re secondary education will be over. It may seem like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but then what? In England, you must do one of the following until you’re 18:
- stay in full-time education, for example at a Sixth Form or college
- start an apprenticeship or traineeship
- spend 20 hours or more a week working or volunteering, while in part-time education or training.
Some students know what they want to do and what they need to get there – great! Some may not be sure yet and it would therefore be helpful to keep their options open. If you’re wavering between the options, that’s OK. But before you make a decision that could affect the rest of your life, make sure you’ve got a real picture of all your options.
Dallam invites all students in Year 11 to the Dallam Sixth Form Experience Week. It’s open to students from everywhere, not just Dallam. During the week, you’ll get to:
- try taster lessons to really see what they’re like
- meet the teachers who will be heading up the lessons
- try out tasks to help you understand what Sixth Form study is like.
And on the more social side, you can try out the Sixth Form canteen and start making friends with other people on the Experience Week in our sports tournament on Wednesday afternoon which our Sixth Form Sports Leaders have organised.
Register here to join us for the Sixth Form Experience Week – you must register by Monday 20 June 2022.
Download more information about the Sixth Form Experience Week, including the timetable of activities.
Applications are still open for students wanting to start at Dallam Sixth Form in Sept 2022 – click here for more information on how to apply