We look forward to welcoming prospective parents and students to our open evening 6 – 8pm on Thurs 22 Sept.
Choosing a secondary school is an important decision for both students and their families. Visiting the school is the best way to really decide if it’s right. When you come to Dallam’s open evening our staff will be on hand to speak to about what your child will learn and there will demonstrations of the types of lessons they’ll have. Importantly, you and your child will also get to meet students and ask all those questions (big or small) that matter to you.
Things to see and do at the Dallam School open evening:
- Meet Ms Williams, the Headteacher who will give a welcome talk in the Main Hall at 6:15pm and 7:15pm. We encourage people to take the time to visit our departments and stop by for the welcome talks around your visit, there’s no need to arrive to attend the talk first.
- Take a look around all the departments, meet the staff and see and learn about subject curriculums and learning approaches to optimise learning for all children.
- Speak to our SENCO and SEN Lead if you have any concerns with your child and their special educational needs.
- Sign up for a boarding tour with Ms Loddo, our Head of Boarding. Head over to the boarding stand to register your interest in boarding and we’ll give you a call after the open evening. Dallam offers flexi-boarding options which benefit students and busy families, including breakfast and after-school sessions and part-week boarding to cut down on students’ travel time that can improve their learning.
- Enjoy light refreshments and hot and cold drinks courtesy of our wonderful catering team – get a hands-on experience of where your child will be able to pick up break-time snacks and nutritious lunch-time meals.
There is no need to pre-register before your visit. Opportunities to see and hear from all the subject areas will be on all evening.
Free car parking will be available at the main entrance and Haverflatts Lane entrance to the school. We ask you to be considerate to our community if you need to park outside of the school grounds.
Please put the date in your diaries and share with your friends and family who have children who will be starting secondary school in September 2023.