On 8 October, our Sixth Formers visited Old Trafford in Manchester for an event to meet university providers from all across the UK. It was fantastic to once again see students attend these opportunities in person and many were able to gain clarity on their next steps after Dallam Sixth Form.
As part of our careers programme, we aim to raise awareness of opportunities in employment, training and further/higher education for all our students. There is a great event at the end of November for those who want to explore apprenticeship options after Sixth Form.
The opportunities for an apprenticeship are vast and navigating through the various resources can be overwhelming for both students and parents. This November, UCAS (the UK’s University and Colleges Admissions Service) are bringing students and parents a whole lot of inspiration, information, and live events surrounding apprenticeships, with everything your child needs to get their future plans on track.
On 30 November, the Apprenticeships Virtual Fair will allow students the chance to:
- understand their different post-18 options
- get practical tips to get them started on their next steps
- understand the application and assessment process
- gather the information they need to start shortlisting their options, and figure out if an apprenticeship could be the right choice for them.
With practical advice, top tips and more, students will be able to access:
- live sessions including CV and application workshops, interview clinics and advice on how to land their dream apprenticeship
- meet and speak to top name apprenticeship employers, including the NHS, PwC, and Rolls-Royce
- hear from real apprentices about what it’s like
For full details of the line-up for the day and how to sign up (as either a parent or a student) to attend the live sessions, please click here. If students want to attend at times when they have timetabled lessons, they will need to submit an absence request to the Sixth Form Office, just as if the event were live in-person.
Our personal development programme supports students with the personal statement/covering letter requirements when applying to university/apprenticeship and each student will receive timely reminders via their school email account regarding all the activities available to them during the Discovery Day.
If you have any queries about the information above, please contact Mr Henneberry, Head of Sixth Form – firstname.lastname@example.org.